Position: Director of Information Technology
Division(s): All School
Start Date: January 2024
Reports to: Head of SchoolRESPONSIBILITIES
Oversee the maintenance of the school’s internal hardware and software infrastructure;
- Oversee the maintenance of external cloud-based services;
- Manage all aspects of the school’s information system (Veracross) including but not limited to general usage, training, development and troubleshooting across all departments and divisions as well as all members of the Whitby community;
- Ensure the sanctity, accessibility, security, and structural integrity of all the school’s data through procedures and policies that function to control access, backups, and compatibility;
- Procure new hardware and software to support the school’s technology initiatives;
- Monitor and maintain all aspects of the network including but not limited to security, availability, access protocols, latency, bandwidth usage and content filtering;
- Provide ongoing technology advice, support, solutions, and training to all members of the Whitby community.
For a complete description of the position, please click here.
Compensation will be highly competitive. Interested candidates are asked to submit the following materials as separate PDF documents:
- A cover letter expressing their interest in this particular position
- A current résumé
As the process moves forward, selected candidates may be asked to submit:
- Responses to writing prompts specific to this search
- A list of five professional references with name, relationship, phone number, and email addresses for each (references will not be contacted without the candidates's permission)
Candidates are invited to contact the consultant in confidence and to submit a résumé and cover letter to:
Chief Technology Officer
Whitby is looking for dedicated and caring individuals who have experience with children to work as substitute teachers.
Experienced candidates should hold a degree. Experience or knowledge of Montessori education and/or International Baccalaureate is highly desirable; all positions require team teaching and strong collaborative skills.
Some of the areas for substitute teaching include:
- Infant-Toddler Teachers (Ages 18 months to 3 years)
- Early Childhood Teachers (Ages 3-5 years)
- Elementary Teachers (Ages 6-10)
- Middle School Teachers (Grades 5-8)
- Learning Specialists (Special Education, Math Specialists, Gifted and Talented)
- Special Area Teachers (Art, Music, Drama, Foreign Language, and Physical Education